Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 44: Springfield, OR to San Francisco, CA

As expected, today was quite a long drive, although it was not as dull as I’d been led to believe. On I-5 in very northern California, I was driving while Ron snoozed and the kids watched movies. All of sudden, I look out one of the side windows and I see a huge snow-capped mountain looming ahead of us. When Ron eventually woke up, we figured out that it was Mt. Shasta and we enjoyed glorious mountain views for the next couple of hours. An unexpected and breathtaking treat.

We finally made it to San Francisco and Bart and Kathy’s (friends from college) house around 8 am. Their 4 year old daughter, Charlotte, was waiting up to meet Elli and the two of them were best friends after only a 5 minute warm up period. I’m sure tomorrow is going to be a very fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment