Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 64: Corrales, NM

We had an excellent blueberry pancake breakfast this morning followed by a trip on the Sandia Peak Tramway. The tram travels 4,000 vertical feet in 15 minutes providing an impressive view of the greater Albuquerque area. At the top of the mountain, we took a 3 mile roundtrip hike to a CCC era stone cabin, then a quick lunch at the restaurant at the top because Ron needed to get to a better cell signal for a work conference call. He was a little late, but it all worked out.

When we got back to my aunt and uncle's house, the kids had their first rides on a horse! My aunt, Janet, saddled up her horse, Sam, and led Jonah and then Elli around their property on him. I was impressed that neither one of them showed any fear about getting up on such a big horse. I freaked out on the back of a horse when I was seven, so I would've understood a little panic. Ron and I are wondering how soon Elli will be asking for a pony...

I had a great time visiting with family here in Corrales, but I'm sorry it was so short. I hadn't seen my cousin Evan since my wedding 12 years ago, so a little family time was definitely warranted. I hope that we'll all get to visit again sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment