Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 26: Springfield

It's hard to believe we've been away from home for almost a month. I'm usually itching to get back home at the end of a 2 week trip, but I feel no anxiety. Maybe I'd mentally prepared myself for the long absence and the restlessness won't set in until late August. We've planned fun visits with friends and family for a return trip, so I hope I'll be able to fully enjoy them.

We eventually took a long bike ride to the river today once Elli, the sleeping diva, got out of bed mid-morning. We wound up riding 15 miles which was the longest ride Jonah's ever done (broken up into segments since we stopped a few times). He said he thought his legs were going to fall off in the last mile or so but he recovered just fine. He's turning into quite the cyclist on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment