Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 33: Coos Bay

Ron and I got our exercise in this morning: a mountain bike ride for him and a run for me. I think his ride was less painful than my run, but at least we're both making progress.

We drove out to Shore Acres for a hike and stroll through the gardens after a quick lunch. Once again, the weather did not cooperate. It was clear and sunny at the Hammonds, but as soon as we started driving, the fog rolled in to stay. The chill in the air was brisker today than yesterday, but we were prepared for it and could still enjoy the beautiful gardens and hike along the bluffs. The views were still breathtaking in spite of the fog.

Ron and I picked up some Chinook salmon steaks and filets on our way back from Shore Acres and Joe and Shelley cooked up a feast. The salmon was spectacular although Elli wouldn't admit to it. I think the rest of the kids enjoyed it, though. Seriously some of the best salmon I've ever had and I eat a lot of salmon.

I'm a little sad that tonight is our last in Coos Bay. We've had a great visit and I love seeing all the cousins together. Wish we could do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment